Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy New Year 2021!

I don't think a new year was ever as eagerly anticipated as this one.  All around the world, people are happy to put 2020 in the rear-view mirror.  Hopefully this year will see some improvement over the last.  Personally, I'm feeling a degree of optimism that we'll start heading back toward some degree of normalcy before too long.  

I hope that anyone who finds their way to this blog is doing their best to keep their spirits up, and if you've lost someone in the past year, my heart truly goes out to you.

My latest update is that I'm still hunkered down in Denver, Colorado for the time being.  Here is a shot of some kids sledding in the park near where I'm staying at my sister's place:


For anyone who is wondering about the latest state of my writing, though I haven't published anything in a while, I am still hard at work and making good progress.  I had been working on the next book in my Natalia Nicolaeva series, but I got sidetracked by a new idea for a series that features a lead character named Nathan Grant, who is a former CIA operative and former Army Ranger, who bounces around the world getting mixed up with lots of bad guys.  I've finished a first draft and am now in revisions.  

Most of my books I self-publish, but this one I am planning to send around to some agents to gauge their interest.  That means it might be a while before anybody sees it, though I will probably post some excerpts here soon.  In the meantime, I do intend to finish that next Natalia book at some point this year.  I will keep you posted.

Here's hoping that we all have a healthier, happier 2021.  The past year taught us a lot about who we are and what matters most in life.  We've learned how important it is to cherish those we love and appreciate all of the small things that make life worth living.  Now it's time to take those lessons and move forward into a better era.  Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment