Monday, April 21, 2014

Back in Budapest

I do feel these days that I have two completely different lives, on two completely different continents.  There is my California life, with surfing and snowboarding, and spending time with family.  I just spent the past ten months in that life, much of it up at Mammoth Mountain for the winter.  Then there is my Hungarian life, hanging out in my favorite haunts to sip a latte and work on my writing, visiting with friends and generally enjoying a continental existence.

I first came to Budapest in 2009, looking for a city with ambiance, low rents and lots of good cafes to write in.  I found all of that and more as I developed a great social network as well.



Now I'm back in this city on the Danube for another extended stay.  How long this time?  I don't know.  Maybe until the fall.  Time will tell.  In the meantime, it is good to be back, reconnecting with friends and settling in at the cafes with my laptop and a latte.  Hopefully something good will come out of it!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Europe Kenneth. I hope you have a great summer. I loved your latest book and can't wait for the next in this series - just my kind of read!

    In contrast to your Hungarian life - I'm going to spend most of the summer in the Caribbean - on Utila, which is the smaller of the Bay Islands just off the coast off Honduras. The rent is cheap, the lifestyle laid back and the diving is the best. I do believe I'll have internet though so I'll look forward to reading your posts. Happy summer my friend!

    Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Janice, that sounds like a great place to spend the summer! Or even the winter... I've been looking into spending some time in the Caribbean for a while but not quite sure where, so I'll look forward to hearing how you like Utila.

      I'm really glad you liked the latest book! I'm having a lot of fun writing this series. Talk to you later!

      Delete