Thursday, August 8, 2019

So Long, Laguna Beach

Big life changes are afoot.  I was five years old when my family first came to Laguna Beach, California, originally buying a summer home and then later moving here full time.  Ever since, I've had that connection, and a bed to sleep in whenever I felt it was time to come home.


It made for an idyllic childhood and was a terrific place to have as a landing pad over the course of my itinerant writing career.  Alas, all good things must end, as they say.  With my parents packing up and selling their house, it is time to move on.  Back to Budapest I will go, my second home for the past ten years.  Only, this time I won't have a bed in beautiful Laguna Beach to come back to.  As I go through my closet here, I've come across lots of old photos from days gone by and I might post a few soon.  In the meantime, I'll try not to be too sentimental!  I've still got another week left.  Time for a few more dips in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment