Thursday, February 25, 2021

On the Road Again

After seven months staying with my sister in Denver, the time finally arrived for me to head off back to my home state of California.  This week I hit the road, but I was given a nice send off before I left with a coating of pure white snow under deep blue skies.

It was a last bit of winter for the year for me.

Then it was off to the desert where I drove through Southern Utah.



And on to Arizona, where I backcountry camped for the night in the Virgin River Gorge.

Then on into the California desert, where I camped again, this time in the Mojave Desert Preserve.

 And then checked out a lava tube in the morning.

Before continuing on to Laguna Beach, California, where I will spend the next few months, catching up with friends, seeing my parents, and working on a brand new Natalia Nicolaeva novel.  Hopefully, I'll get vaccinated by summer, and then?  Well, I suppose the world will be back open at that point.  In the meantime, it's good for my soul to be back in this town I consider home.

No comments:

Post a Comment