Thursday, March 23, 2023

Old and New in Budapest

 Hello from Budapest on a lovely spring day.  I'm here settled in for another spell, working on my latest Nathan Grant novel, "London on Fire."  I started coming here to Budapest all the way back in 2009 and have spent part of each year here ever since.  I find that it's a great place to write, with tons of atmospheric cafes and libraries to settle in and get my work done.

The first year I arrived, fourteen years ago now, I took a bunch of photos of some of the more run down sights in the city, but a lot of those places have been fixed up in the meantime.  As a result, I decided to make it a project to go around and take photos in the same places for a before and after view.  Here they are, I hope you enjoy them!

 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment