Monday, December 20, 2010

Something to shoot for?

Well, so far my book has been up for three weeks and as of today I've had 40 sales, so thanks to everyone who has downloaded a copy! I hope you've enjoyed it. And now, just some food for thought. I read an article in the UK Guardian today about the top ten highest-earning authors. Here is the list, in U.S. dollars for this past year:

1. James Patterson ($70 million)
2. Stephenie Meyer ($40m)
3. Stephen King ($34m)
4. Danielle Steel ($32m)
5. Ken Follett ($20m)
6. Dean Koontz ($18m)
7. Janet Evanovich ($16m)
8. John Grisham ($15m)
9. Nicholas Sparks ($14m)
10. JK Rowling ($10m)

Now that's some serious cash! And JK Rowling didn't even have a new book out this year. Last year, she made $300 million... Anyway, something to think about. As for me, I'm just happy I've made $14 bucks this month and had some people read my work. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment