Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Some sales figures

I don't like to dwell too much on sales figures, but it is a little interesting to see how things have developed over time with sales of No Cure for the Broken Hearted. It is all one big experiment, I suppose, with independent publishing. So far my book has been for sale for three months. In December I managed to sell 148 copies. In January that went up to roughly 1,500 copies for the month. In February it rose to just over 5,600 copies for the month.

Perhaps most remarkable is that the vast majority of my sales so far have been in the UK. This past month, Amazon UK accounted for 5,338 of my copies sold. For about a week I was in the top 10 on the Kindle bestsellers list there. For several days I was the number one selling romance on Amazon UK.

To me it is somewhat jaw-dropping that my little book that was turned down by just about every agent and publisher on both sides of the Atlantic can be the number one selling romance anywhere. Of course, in some ways it is not a fair contest, because I currently have my price set very, very low. Readership at this stage in my indie career is probably more important than revenue. Even so, I'm thrilled that so many people have found my book, and the reaction so far has been heartwarming to say the least. So thanks to all of my readers out there! Your support is very much appreciated. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment