Thursday, November 17, 2011

Circumnavigation

I never expected to fly all the way around the world, but that's how it worked out in the end.  After flight delays on the first leg of my journey, I missed my connection in Munich, so I turned around and went the other way instead!  Yes, they re-routed me through Japan.  So a one and a half hour flight was followed by a 12-hour flight, then a quick change in Tokyo and another nine-hour flight back to LA.  Talk about jet lag, I'm definitely feeling it!  Nearly 23 hours in the air, plus six hours in airports, but at last I'm back in good old California.  No sun and no surf at the moment, but still, it's good to be home. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that was some journey. I do hope the airline food was good and the bar complimentary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kenneth - to celebrate you getting home after a summer of fabulous blog posts - I've awarded you The Liebster Blog Award. Do pop over to my blog to collect it!

    Janice x

    ReplyDelete